Creating a Segment
- To create a new User Segment, go to User Segments and click on Create New Segment.
Creating a new User Segment
- Give your Segment a meaningful name.
- Optionally, you can add a Label to your Segment. Labels can help you organize your Users Segments, especially if you expect to create a large number of them.
- Drag and Drop the Condition Blocks from the sidebar on the left. Click on each Condition Block and choose a Condition.
- Additionally, you can drop a Condition on top of another Condition, to create a Group.
- A group set to AND requires a User to meet all Conditions in it, to be added to the Segment.
- A group set to OR requires a User to meet atleast 1 Condition, to be added to the Segment.
A Segment of Users, age 18 to 25
- Click on Save Changes.
You can create Segments using User Attribute Conditions, and Event Conditions. In simple terms, we can say that User Attribute Condition creates Segments using who a User is, while the Event Condition creates Segments using what a User does.